Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What's hindering your blessing?

God honors obedience over sacrifice. What is it that you are not doing that you know God had called you to do? In what area of your life have you not fully surrendered to God? 

Often times we wonder why God doesn't move when we ask him to. But many times it has to do with our own disobedience. He can't move until we do. He is usually waiting on us to obey him in certain areas of our life. So before you think that God is ignoring you, or rejecting you because you "don't have his favor", ask yourself if you are walking in disobedience in any area if your life.

For me, I know that my biggest trouble area is consistently spending time with him. I'm so consumed with what's on tv, what's on social media, what great new book is out, or even spending time with friends that I have often put God on the back burner. And then wonder why he doesn't rush to help me when I'm in trouble. 

With every relationship there needs to be give and take. We can't give God 25% and expect him to give us 100%. He has already made the ultimate sacrifice for which we could never compensate. So it is important to realize that God doesn't owe us anything. Yet he freely gives to those who please him. How concerned are we with pleasing him? Or are we more concerned with pleasing ourselves? 

These are all very real questions that we need to honestly ask ourselves. It can be hard to be truly honest with your self especially if your answer is not considered "right". But just remember God already knows our heart, so don't be afraid of be honest with yourself because it is for your own benefit. God desires to help us, and he loves when we come to him with our short comings and ask him to help change us to be more like him. 

I want to challenge you to address whatever area of your life that you are  not walking in obedience. Don't just try to change, but do it. Make a plan and stick to it. Ask God to help you and give you strength. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. 

There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. His mother named him Jabez because his birth had been so painful. He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!” And God granted him his request. (1 Chronicles 4:9, 10 NLT)

It's so simple. He was honorable [God was pleased with him] so God answered his prayers. 

Be obedient, be blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment